Friends of Alaska CASA (FAC) is a non-profit organization, formed in 1991, that supports the work of the CASA Program in Alaska.
FAC is a non-profit that raises funds to help support CASA programs and volunteers and provide opportunities for CASA eligible children that they might not otherwise have (it is with an understanding that not all children in state or Tribal custody may have opportunity of having a CASA volunteer, but may yet benefit from FAC support, that the FAC Board of Directors has approved policies and procedures that encompass children who may obtain benefits from FAC as “CASA eligible”).
FAC raises money through corporate, individual and service donations, revenues from gaming, by holding an annual quilt auction, and by participation in special events. Money raised helps:
• Progress toward our vision of providing a CASA volunteer for every child in Alaska’s state or Tribal custody who needs one;
• Raise awareness of the plight of abused and neglected children in our communities;
• Recruit new volunteers and retain current ones;
• Provide ongoing training & direct support opportunities for CASA volunteers;
• Recognize and honor CASA volunteers for their commitment to children;
• Fund activities for volunteers and the children for whom they advocate to spend time together; and
• Meet children’s needs and provide opportunities that otherwise may not be available, such as music lessons, visitation support, camp, and athletic activities.
Thank you for making a difference
in the life of a child!